- Category: Catering
- Salary/Rate: £30000 - £32000/annum
- Full/Part Time: Full Time
Simple Recruitment are currently recruiting for a Head Pastry Chef, for one of its clients in education.
We are looking for a talented and proven Sous Chef looking for the next role or step up to head chef in Pastry with one of our client’s flagship educational site in Reading.
WORKING HOURS: 5days out 7(occasional evenings)
TIME: 6.30-3 PM or 11AM -7.30PM
PAY RATE: £30K -£32K DOE
This job allows a great work life balance whilst developing your craft skills and producing exceptional food.
You will be working in a great kitchen environment using and serving fresh, seasonal produce using modern techniques and always looking at developing the food offer.
As well as having excellent presentation, communication and man management skills, you will be able to demonstrate a real passion for food and service and possess bags of enthusiasm.
You will ideally:
* Have a proven background in pastry work
* Have a progressive career to date
* Have good Health & Safety knowledge
* Be able to work within set budgets
* Know how to cost and plan menus accurately
* Be familiar with training and coaching a team
* Be up to date with current food trends
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all employees to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure must be obtained for this role’’
This appointment is offered on return of satisfactory professional references