- Category: Catering
- Salary/Rate: £37.000- 39.000 / Year
- Full/Part Time: Permanent
Website Simple Recruitment Loughborough
Simple Recruitment Services are currently looking for a Senior Sous Chef to work at luxury boutique hotel nestled on the edge of Derbyshire’s Peak District National Park.
- To ensure that food preparation and quality is of the highest standard possible within the limits of budgeted profit targets with a view to maximizing sales to guests and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for stock control; ensuring that stock levels are in line with Company requirements and to control food stocks each month in cooperation with the Head Chef.
- Liaise with the Conference & Banqueting team, and Sales on menus.
- To personally prepare special dishes as required.
- To ensure that due diligence documentation and HACCP, rotas and other working papers are efficiently completed within company guidelines
- Researches and brings new suppliers to the Head Chef where they are in keeping with the aims of the company.
- Health and safety training of junior staff
- Allergen awareness training of junior kitchen and FOH staff
- New starter procedures with new members of the kitchen team
- To put ideas forward and ensure a high standard across all food sectors within the kitchen.
- Able to operate all sections of the kitchen
- Menu planning and design
- Rota management
- Coordinates with Head Chef and general manager on projects for the improvement of the food business where necessary.
- 33 days holiday
- Ability to request a 50% advance of monthly wage
- Highly discounted accommodation (subject to availability)
- Employee Assistance Programmed via Westfield
- Provided uniform and Birkenstock footwear
- Meals on Duty
- Pension Scheme
- Staff Discounts across both venues
- Free parking
- Excellent opportunities for progression within the group
- Brigade of support and kitchen staff
- Company pension
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Free parking
- On-site parking
- Sick pay