- Category: Distribution
- Salary/Rate: £26000 - £28000/annum
- Full/Part Time: Full Time
As Global Freight Planner – Import/Export your main focus is on the 'transactional’ elements of UK import and export shipments, focused on the perishable and retail sectors. Based on instructions received from customers you will be responsible for ensuring all planned activities, based on the business rules and requirements are completed to cost, quality and time.
This will involve receiving instructions by email or phone, liaising with trucking companies, airlines and shipping lines, cutting Air Waybills (AWB) and Bills of Lading (BOL), tracking shipments, updating systems and spreadsheets. You will also be responsible for loading consignment costs from agreed rate structures onto business software, invoicing customers and completing customs import and export entries via ASM software through to customs.
Based in our head office in Basingstoke office, the shift pattern is currently Tuesday – Saturday with the hours of work 07:00 to 15:30.
• Career progression opportunities throughout our network
• Training on all systems
• Free On-Site Car Parking
• Corporate rate at Fitness First gym
• Healthcare Cash plan
• Childcare vouchers
• Life Assurance 4 x Basic Salary
• 25 days Annual Leave
Other benefits include a free shuttle bus service to town and local train station, canteen on site, complimentary Business Park events and a 1hour lunch break from all employees. Every new employee will also be provided with PC/Laptop for business use and have a bespoke on boarding program with contact meetings with all departments within head office.
* Coordination of import shipments into UK (principally perishable products) and exported out of the UK (principally retail sector)
* Export & Import document creation, validation, consolidation and distribution
* Communication of instructions to service providers, pre-advice to customers and agents Export/Import customs processes
* Progress and Information Status Updates (In transit checks)
* Exceptions – responding to exceptions and alerts. Resolution or escalation to appropriate person
* Achieving customer delivery dates through ocean and air freight
* Internal and external customer satisfaction
* Import entries using Chief via ASM software.
* DEFRA entries through PEACH
* Cost accrual to business software
* Invoicing customers through business software
* Communicate effectively with internal and external customers ensuring that they are kept informed and updated at all times
* Ensure effective communications within Managed Solutions team
What will you need to succeed?
* Import and Export air and ocean freight experience.
* Experience of all related transport documentation such as AWBs, BOLs
* Understanding of Customs HS/Tariff codes
* Experience of DEFRA/Plant Health requirements and process
* Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Problem solving/Analytical
* Commercial awareness
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong written and verbal skills