- Category: Distribution
- Salary/Rate: £26000 - £28000/annum
- Full/Part Time: Full Time
As the Global Freight Planner your main focus is in the coordination and execution of international freight movements in a “Control Tower” environment.
Based on instruction and purchase orders received from overseas customers the Global Freight Planner will be responsible for ensuring all planned activities, are completed to a high standard of customer service, cost effectively and within the required time frame.
We operate 24/7 with various shift patterns in place to meet our demand.
3 x shifts available
Day shift – Monday to Friday / 0(phone number removed)
Back shift – Monday to Friday / 1500 to 2300 (£1739 shift allowance)
Night shift – Sunday to Thursday / 2300 to 0730 (£3478 shift allowance)
• Career progression opportunities throughout our network
• Training on all systems
• Free On-Site Car Parking
• Corporate rate at Fitness First gym
• Healthcare Cash plan
• Childcare vouchers
• Life Assurance 4 x Basic Salary
• 25 days Annual Leave
Other benefits include a free shuttle bus service to town and local train station, canteen on site, complimentary Business Park events and a 1-hour lunch break from all employees. Every new employee will also be provided with PC/Laptop for business use and have a bespoke on boarding program with contact meetings with all departments within head office.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has experience in the management of shipments through supply chain, including arranging freight pick up, tracking shipments and troubleshooting problems until reaching final destination.
* Ensuring all purchase order items available by ready date
* Arranging international freight through to destination
* Ensuring all necessary documentation is supplied and accurate to ensure a smooth movement of goods
* Updating online tracking tool
* Communication to supply chain parties (and customer)
* Raising accruals, invoicing customers and producing quotes/costings
* Communicate effectively with internal and external customers globally ensuring that they are kept informed and updated at all times (Suppliers, truckers, ports, shipping lines, airlines, customs brokers, transhipment points, freight agents etc.)
* Ensure effective communications within Global Freight team
* Understanding of freight process (steps from end to end)
* Import and export air and ocean freight
* Ideally have some exposure to cross trade activities
* Experience of freight documentation (e.g. AWBs and BOLs)
* Customs process understanding
* Working with overseas agents/third parties
* A percentage of the commodities handled are hazardous; therefore experience/training in dangerous goods [e.g. IATA/IMDG] would be advantageous
* Highly organised, able to prioritise and work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Problem solving/Analytical
* Commercial awareness
* Strong interpersonal skills
* Strong written and verbal skills