- Category: Hospitality/Hotel
- Salary/Rate: £17.20 / hour
- Full/Part Time: Temporary
Website Simple Recruitment Milton Keynes
Simple Recruitment are working with a client based in Oxford to recruit an Events Supervisor to work on a 6 weeks placement
What is the main purpose of the role?
To oversee and supervise the general and specific operational issues and administration of all reservations within the center to ensure the potential of the venues is maximized and monthly budget achieved.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
· Positively approach all sales opportunities to maximize sales and revenue by yielding the business to achieve the Hotel’s sales plan.
· Ensure that all sales disciplines and procedures are followed to develop the business.
· Consistently deliver excellent service to all guests and clients making enquiries or bookings at the hotel, with face-to-face and telephones meetings.
· Support, train and develop other team members.
· Coordinate the weekly function sheet meeting when required.
· Supply the highest possible levels of customer care and service whether in the public eye or in the back of the house areas.
· Respond to any customer enquiry within the guidelines set by the Hotel.
· Identify sales opportunities for the other hotels in the Group and use the lead referral system to maximize potential business.
· Exercise efficient diary management to manage the yield within the conference office.
· Develop and maintain sales information through Opera Sales and Catering following the Company guidelines.
· Produce statistical information as required including weekly forecasting, cancelled, denied or refused business.
· Attend any communication meetings where appropriate to represent the sales department.
· Help host events during busy seasonal times.
· Ensure all conference bills are processed and that they are posted daily.
· Produce table plans and place settings etc. for events.
· Help manage all administration for Conference & Events Office.
· Liaise with external suppliers ensuring the supply of their goods and services meets the requirements of the clients and charges are passed on accordingly.
· Help host Far trips, weddings fayres or any other corporate events to promote the hotel and Group.
· To be aware of the services and facilities offered by the competitor hotels to promote your hotel to its full potential.
· Attend any training meetings as required for the better performance of your role.
· Comply with all health and safety legislation and actively get involved with reposting issues and training others.
· To obtain pre-evet risk assessments.
· To be fully aware of the:
Accident report procedure
Maintenance fault reporting procedure
Fire policy for your department
· Understand how the hotel’s health and safety policy affects your department and how it links in with the rest of the hotel.
The Ideal Candidate
· To be successful in this role you will need at least 1 years’ experience in a conference or events role.
· You will need excellent customer service skills and to be a strong problem solver, as this sometimes has the potential to be a stressful environment.
· It is also desirable that you can demonstrate some hotel-based experience, although this is not essential, you must have previously worked with events on a large scale.
Hours will be 5 days in 7 with a rate of £17.20ph
If you are interested in this Event Managers role based in Oxford, then please apply today