- Category: Other
- Salary/Rate: £11.81 / Hour
- Full/Part Time: Contract
Website Simple Recruitment Southampton
9 x toilet cleaners
8 x 10hr toilet cleansing operative driving (+1hr unpaid break), 4 on 4 off shift/ 2 driving roles would involve 7am – 6pm/ 6 driving roles 11am- 10pm
1 x 10hr toilet cleansing operative walking (+1hr unpaid break), 4 on 4 off shift/ this role would involve walking between the sites, shift 11am -10pm
- To report to the Operations Manager or on-site Manager at the beginning and end of any working shift and maintain contact throughout the shift at all times during the shift via radio and other communication methods.
- Responsible for opening and closing public toilets at the correct time
- Ensure any tools and equipment necessary to carry out the duties of that day’s operation are obtained prior to the start of your shift, and to ensure that such tools and equipment are appropriately stored at the end of the shift.
- Operate appropriate machinery, tools and equipment as required in accordance with the Council’s guidelines.
- Assist the driver in cleaning vehicles daily as appropriate.
- Receive daily tasks from the Operations Manager or Supervisor by map, verbal or written instruction and clean given area to specification.
- Check the daily given work to the schedule and report back to the Operations Manager, Senior Supervisor or Supervisor as necessary during the shift.
- Ensure the disposal of waste is carried out in accordance with EPA and other associated regulations as directed by the Operations Manager or Supervisor.
- Report and ensure completion of any necessary documentation for accidents/Anti-Social Behaviour/incidents/insurance matters by no later than the end of the shift on which the incident occurred.
- Work flexibly either individually or as part of a team, providing a customer-oriented service delivery via various methods, acting as ambassadors for the City, projecting a professional image at all times.
- Wear all appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary to the task, ensuring it is kept fit for its purpose and seeking PPE and stock replacements as required.
- Ensure the best operational relationship between the service and members of the public, reporting service difficulties to the Operations Manager or Supervisor
- To comply with the Council’s policies and procedures, and support and practice the Council’s customer care philosophy to ensure customer satisfaction.
- As part of an induction, demonstrate cleaning tasks to new starters.